The only house available for rent on the banks of the upper Zambezi.
Sleeps: 8 (Min. 2 adults 3 children.)
Adults US$756 per person per night.
Children under 14 years 50% of above rate per night
NB There is a minimum 4 adults charge per booking.
• Includes accommodation, full board, bar, laundry, activities, local taxes, transfers to/from the local airstrip.
• Does not include flights, Victoria Falls activities, national park fees, airport taxes and any visas.
• 3 double bedrooms, en suite bathrooms
• 1 twin bedroom
• Private Guide
• House staff
• Tongabezi chef
• 2 Night Security Guards
• 12m Pool
• 250 metres of river frontage
• Sunrise and sunset boat trip on the Zambezi
• Guided canoeing excursion depending on water levels and hippo activity
• Lunch on local island with guided walk
• Fishing (equipment provided)
• Visit to the Victoria Falls on the Zambian side (Falls entrance fees extra)
• Game drive in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National park (Park fees are extra)
• Walk in the gorge below the Falls
• Cultural Trip to the Museum (entrance fee extra)
• Local village visit
• Mountain bike trail to local village
• Shopping trip on the Zambian side of the Falls
• Private vehicle
• Private Boat
• Flights via South Africa to Victoria Falls or Livingstone Airports
Tangala House is unique, the only house available for rent on the banks of the Zambezi river near the Victoria Falls. 15 kms upstream of the Victoria Falls and ideally located for exploring the area with all its many activities, the house overlooks the Zambezi National Park.
The house is ideal for families and is designed to keep insects out, with glass windows all round. Large herds of elephant often come down to drink on the opposite bank and hippopotamus are regularly seen and heard. There is fantastic birdlife, with over 145 species to date spotted from the kitchen window. The living room has a large sofa and two armchairs and leads onto a ‘snuggery' with satellite TV, video, Hi Fi and jetmaster fireplace. Most of the rooms have very high thatch ceilings and the passages have large 3-4m high 'Moroccan’ arches, with 1m thick walls. The swimming pool is 12m, with an extra shallow area for children and bench seating. In front of the house is a grass lawn, which drops 1m to 20 m of wild riverine grassland and then to the Zambezi River. The house has 250m of private river frontage, with no properties on either side. The veranda easily seats ten, and is open thatch with steps on to the lawn and towards the swimming pool and the terrace, which has a railway sleeper picnic table, seating eight.
Tangala House is ideal for families. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 of which are ensuite, plus a fourth bathroom, a separate toilet, a spacious kitchen/dining room, a children's playroom, a living room that opens onto a thatched veranda and a ‘snuggery’ with fireplace.
The large kitchen/dining room measures 13m x 6m, with the front wall taken up by a 5m-long window, offering stunning views of the Zambezi. The kitchen is well equipped, with fridge and freezer, fan-assisted double oven, gas hob, ceramic double sinks, a separate drinks fridge and a microwave oven. The large dining table seats 12.
Tangala is staffed with a house assistant, 2 groundsmen and 3 friendly dogs. The house assistant will help with cooking, housekeeping and laundry. The master bedroom faces the Zambezi River and has a king-size teak bed, a sitting area and sofa, a bathroom with a large double bath set into railway sleepers, and a shower.
Bedroom 2 also faces the Zambezi River, and has a queen-size four-poster iron bed, with a walk-in bath and shower. Bedroom 3 has a king-size teak bed, with walk-in bathroom with a large double bath and shower. Bedroom 4 has twin beds and a bathroom across the passageway, with a cast iron bath.