The most perfect, bijou, Scottish castle with a full range of services and country activities to choose from.
Price Guide 2018:
From £1,000 per night
• Master Bedroom, en suite bathroom
• Double Bedroom, en suite bathroom
• 2 Double Bedrooms, shared bathroom
• Daily maid service – 2 hours max. per day
• Cook and butler on request (£250 per day each plus food and beverages)
• Picnic hamper service on request
• Bespoke lunches at the Estates Lunch Hut on request
• 8 on-road bicycles (helmets not provided)
• Shooting on request
• Roe deer stalking on request
• Clay pigeon shooting on request
• Fishing on the River Whiteadder on request
• Salmon fishing on the Tweed on request
• Sailing and sailing lessons on request
• Golf 9 holes 15 mins drive. 18 holes 30 mins
• Wide selection of board games
• Edinburgh International Airport 50 mins drive
• Whiteadder Water sports & Sailing centre 20 mins drive
• Muirfield 40 mins drive
This charming and beautifully restored, private castle dates from 1350 and is set amidst the breathtaking beauty of the Lammermuir Hills in the north Berwickshire countryside.
Set over four floors, it can sleep up to eight people in four bedrooms. The central living space of the castle is its spectacular second floor drawing room, complete with deep sofas, roaring fire and hidden cupboard bar, A small study is set off this and is a great working spot for those needing to ‘catch up’.
The fully equipped kitchen and dining area is open plan and the large oak dining table can seat up to 14 guests.
The interiors are warm and elegant; rich in period features with fine architectural detailing whilst benefiting from all the modern comforts expected of a luxurious country retreat.
The castle offers a variety of services and catering allowing guests to tailor make their stay with as little or as much assistance as required.