Uniquely situated in the historic village of Cadaques, home of Salvador Dali, a beautifully restored house with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean.
Sleeps: 8+1 (Not suitable for very small children)
Price Guide 2019:
From €5,750 - €9,500 per week
• Master bedroom, en suite Smallbone bathroom
• 5th bedroom next door with sofa bed (ideal for a child)
• Double Bedroom with sofa bed, en suite bathroom
• Twin or Double bedroom
• Twin bedroom
• All bedrooms have French windows onto the terrace or garden.
• Smallbone kitchen
• Open plan Sitting/ Dining room seats 12 with french windows out onto terrace
• Maid service 5 days a week
• Cook on request
• English-speaking Manager
• Pool 12m x 6m, heatable
• BBQ area
• Two outside dining tables seating 16
• Air conditioning top floor
• Central Heating
• Internet connection
• iPod docking station, music system
• TV, DVD
• Tennis and diving courses available
• Beaches 2 minutes walk
• Girona and Perpignan Airports are an hour and 10 minutes’ away by car
• Barcelona is 2 hours and 15 minutes by car and there is a bus service daily
• Monday market
• Two supermarkets and many small shops selling local produce.
• A variety of fun clothing and jewellery shops (teenager's heaven), art galleries and shops selling the pretty local pottery
Casa Dali, standing in its own extensive gardens, was restored and enlarged by its present owners and retains the original spirit of the colonial style house. You can walk out onto the terrace with its wonderful views overlooking the town and Cathedral of Santa Maria, in summer laze in the sun by the pool or read a book in the shade of the bougainvillea and morning glory. In spring, walk the coastal path to the lighthouse, through the wild lavender and honeysuckle, or sit with a newspaper in one of the many cafes on the beach. In winter, curl up by the fire and just chill..'
The house is a two minute walk to the beaches and to town with its many cafes, restaurants and bars. You can swim, scuba dive, rent a kayak or RIB, scooter or bike, play tennis or take yoga lessons. There is something for everyone, from beachcombing to clubbing.
Cadaques is the spiritual home of Salvador Dali. A short walk leads to his fascinating house in Port Ligat, now a museum open year round. It's a 40 minute drive to the Dali Foundation in Figueras or to Pubol, the fabulous castle owned by Gala, Dali's wife and muse. The town remains much loved by artists because of its wonderful light and its many art galleries and summer music festival.
Within an hour or so by car lies the ancient port of Empuries, with its magnificent Greek and Roman ruins. The number one restaurant in the world 2013, El Cellar de Can Roca, is in Girona and new last year in Cadaques is Compartir, started by three chefs from El Bulli, only a five minute walk from the house.