Rated as one of the best private estates in Spain, the villa has proved popular with both families looking for private getaways and multi-national corporations looking to host incentive events and showcases.
Sleeps: up to 35
Main villa sleeps 25
Villa One sleeps 4
Villa Two sleeps 6
Price Guide 2017:
From €35,000 to €65,000 per week
Villa One: From €5,800 per week
Villa Two: from €8,750 per week
All Prices subject to 10% VAT
Weekends on request.
First Floor :
• A door from this floor leads directly out to the pool area.
• Study / computer room
• Bedroom 1 - Double with vaulted ceiling sitting room and en suite shower room.
• Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 - Family suite of two double bedrooms each opening onto a terrace and a children’s room which share a bathroom and shower room.
• Bedroom 5 - Double with en-suite shower room
• Bedroom 6 - The master bedroom with private sitting room,
• bathroom with shower and separate bathroom with stone “egg tub” opening out to private terrace with seating area.
Second Floor: (with lift access)
• Wellness area with massage room, gym with stunning views, sunken Jacuzzi and shower room. Sitting room opening onto covered balcony
• Bedroom 7 - Double with en suite bathroom with tub and overhead shower
• Bedroom 8 - Double with en suite shower room and spiral staircase to mezzanine level with day bed sitting area.
• Bedroom 9 – Double with en suite bathroom with tub and overhead shower, mezzanine level sitting room
• Bedroom 10 - Second master with wood panelled library area with sofas, mezzanine level office, double bed and en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Two separate villas, one with two bedrooms and the other with three bedrooms - details on request.
• 13 x 18 metre heated infinity pool with additional children’s pool, glamorous pool house with a living room and dining room, separate full kitchen and dining room housed in an ancient barn with wood burning pizza oven, outdoor barbeque, a covered poolside pergola for outside dining and use of a private helipad
Numbers of staff will depend on occupancy of the Estate
• Daily housekeeping team
• Personal butler and concierge
• Private chef department, pastry chef
• Pool man and gardener
• Handmade chocolates at turndown
• Bulgari bathroom toiletries
• Air conditioning throughout
• Office with broadband Internet & conference facilities
• Sitting/meeting room
• Snooker room
• Football pitch
• Floodlit paddle tennis court
Gym and wellness area - one massage per day included in rental and personal trainer
• Quad bikes
• Access to an unparalleled equestrian centre
• in the grounds making this ideal for corporate events and special occasions.
• There is a completely independent guest house in the grounds available upon request. This comprises three en suite bedrooms, two doubles and a twin, a large living/dining room, a fully equipped kitchen and a covered terrace with both seating and dining. It has views across the equestrian training area to the mountains.
• Gerona airport 30 minutes
• Barcelona Airport 60 minutes
• Beach 10 minutes
Casa Pairal, the 15,900 sq ft principal residence of a grand 18th century Spanish estate, has retained all the grandeur and style of the elegant mansions of the period while at the same time featuring the most modern of conveniences within its resplendent walls.
The house sleeps up to twenty five, with facilities for an additional ten people in two separate villas, making it ideal for a private family getaway, intimate wedding or an informal house party. A graceful arched doorway leads into a series of inviting lounges, with magnificent views over the snow-capped Pyrenees, ideal for relaxing with friends. Cool alabaster walls frame the grand salon's majestic fireplace, making it the perfect place to curl up with your favourite book.
Each bedroom is uniquely decorated in delicate Catalan tones, complemented by locally sourced rugs, unique family heirlooms and individual fireplaces, some opening on to their own private terraces with far-reaching views of the Costa Brava. Sink into a deliciously deep oval bath, surrounded by glass walls opening onto the surrounding forest, for the ultimate in tranquillity.
Dining is a truly Catalan experience at Mas Mateu. Enjoy a Spanish banquet, freshly prepared by the in-house chef, under the stars on one of the many open terraces or eat in the elegant dining room. The region is also home to some of the most celebrated restaurants in Spain, including El Bulli and El Celler de Can Roca, ideal for those rare moments you feel like venturing outside the estate.
Mas Mateu's extensive facilities include a dedicated swimming pool complex, spa, gym, football field, basketball court, paddle court, an outdoor barbeque, a summer kitchen housed in an ancient barn and a cinema.