Views to Gibraltar and North Africa, a large pool and a pretty country house - a heady mix in every sense!
Price Guide 2017:
From £2,268 to £3,100 per week
Rates for smaller parties on request
Upstairs with galleried landing
• Master bedroom (king size), en suite bathroom with separate walk-in shower and bath
• Twin/double bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower over small bath)
• Twin bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower over small bath)
• Ground floor double bedroom, en suite bathroom (walk-in shower only)
Ground floor completely open plan with defined living areas:
• Entrance hall
• Living/TV area
• Kitchen and utility room
• Formal dining area
• Formal sitting room
• Guest cloakroom
• Services of an English house manager
• Linen changed weekly on a two week rental
• Satellite TV (Freeview box which receives all terrestrial and SKY channels)
• Library of films
• iPod connectivity
• DVD, Radio/CD Player
• Extensive library of books
• Ceiling fans throughout the main house
• Floor-standing fan in the annexe bedroom
• White Village of Gaucin 5 minutes drive or 30 minutes walk
• Costa del Sol beaches 40 minutes drive
• Malaga Airport
• Gibraltar Airport
• Golf courses at Sotogrande/Valderama
As you pass the pictorial sign for Gaucin on the road up from the coast, turn left up a country lane and wind your way along the hillside through orchards and meadows until you come to the gate of Finca Plumbago. Up the steep drive, you arrive in front of huge, 200 year old, solid wooden doors. Parking under the shade of the old olive tree, you catch glimpses through the plumbago covered arched doorway into a fountain-filled, cobbled courtyard.
Entering the house from the courtyard, the downstairs is one very large, light and airy space over 70’ long x 20’ wide. To the right, the large 10 seater dining table splits the area leading to the TV sitting room and kitchen. To the left after the entrance is the more formal sitting room. The house is furnished as a home with elegant antiques and white sofas, masses of paintings, decorative china and colourful fabrics which set off the old terracotta floors downstairs and the rich wood floors upstairs.
The Casita is independent from the main house. Overlooking the courtyard, it has its own front door as you come through the archway. Perfect for guests or grown up children, this is a lovely little retreat.
French doors open onto the terrace and the wonderful view.
Walking onto the expansive wisteria and jasmine covered terrace, it is difficult to believe what you are seeing. Sitting above the Rio Genal Valley, the views extend down to the Mediterranean and, on a clear day, to the Rock of Gibraltar and beyond to the peaks of north Africa. Under the shady pergola are plenty of comfy sofas and a dining area. Following the terrace along to the side of the house is the pool terrace with a good size pool, sun loungers and another pergola giving shade to the table tennis.
Sitting in 6 acres, there is nothing much to disturb this haven of tranquillity and beauty.