This beautiful beach house has a stunning interior courtyard with pool and opens directly onto the beach - featured in House & Garden Magazine.
8 people US$210 to US$ 272 per person per night
Christmas/New Year US$452 per person per night
Children under 12 years @ 50% adult rate
• Rate includes full board, return airstrip transfers, sundowners on dunes, laundry,
• Private speedboard and captain (fuel extra), beers, soft drinks, house wines, gin and vodka,
• Use of water skis, wakeboard, tube and snorkelling equipment.
• Smaller parties quoted separately.
• 1 Master ensuite Bedroom
• 4 Double ensuite Bedrooms
• Live in staff
• Room Steward/Waiter
• Boat captain
• Assistant boatman/gardener
• Askari Watchman
• Plunge pool
• Water skiing
• Dhow cruising (extra charge)
• Sea fishing
• Deep sea fishing (extra charge)
• Swimming with dolphins (seasonal) (extra charge)
• Massages and beauty treatments (extra charge)
• Internet facilities
• Nairobi Airport, internal flight to Lamu
• Return Airstrip transfers
Kusini House, the House of the South Monsoon Wind, has a very distinctive sand-castle-style. Like its neighbour, Jahazi House, it is built of coral block plastered in the local neru finish, tinted a soft ochre yellow. However, the inner courtyard is more of a walled garden with two separate en-suite visitors' rooms in the sea facing corners.
The grassed, frangipani studded courtyard frames a large freshwater swimming pool with long generous lounging steps to the side which do not interfere with length swimmers but provide an ideal haven for the less energetic.
The main house has two large verandas, one overlooking the pool on the ground floor level; the first floor veranda overlooks the pool, the sea and the sunset. Here is the sundowner bar and a splendid master bedroom with two en suite bathrooms, one with a traditional style wallowing bath. The bedroom has its own private balcony - in fact two! One with a double swinging hammock bed.
Returning to the ground floor level, to one side there is a spacious guest room with twin beds and, again, a private veranda. There is a large chandeliered hall in the middle giving onto the pool veranda.
A combination of solar and wind power make the house totally self-sufficient for electricity and hot water.
Coconut palms, neem and lime trees have been planted around the outer garden and the beach is right at your doorstep.
These beautiful beach houses were all featured in House & Garden and can be booked in combination with a stay at Mukima House situated up country near Nanyuki.