This house is one of Kenya’s most magnificent examples of a past era – featured in House & Garden.
Sleeps: 16 + 3
• Standard Season: from US$170 per person per night (minimum 4 people, 3 nights)
• 50% reduction for child under 12 years.
• Peak/ Christmas Season from US$495 per person per night (minimum 8 people for one week)
• Included in rates: Full board accommodation, return airstrip transfers, soft drinks, sundowner excursions and picnics on the Mukima Estate, tennis, table tennis, croquet, badminton, swimming pool and trout fishing in the dam.
• Excluded from rates: Champagne, Premium spirits and vintage wines, beers and house wines, game park entrance fees, horse riding, fishing trips scenic flights, massage and beauty treatments, sauna and laundry.
• 4 double bedrooms, en suite bathrooms
• 3 double bedrooms with extra single beds, en suite bathrooms
• 1 twin bedroom, en suite bathroom
• Fully staffed (live in)
• 4 x14m Pool
• Childrens Pool
• Exercise Room
• Tennis Court
• Table Tennis
• Day trips to private game parks and reserves, including Solio, Ol Pejeta, Lewa, Samburu and Sweetwaters.
• Horse riding.
• Golf can be played at Mt Kenya Safari Club and Nanyuki Club
• Hiking on Mt Kenya
• Fishing on Mt Kenya
• Day flights by helicopter with collection on the front lawn
• Walking safaris on Ol Pejeta
Mukima is perfectly situated for day game drives to Lewa, Samburu, Solio Ranch and Sweetwaters, returning in the evenings to the comfortable sanctuary of your own private house. Walks up Mount Kenya, horse riding and panoramic helicopter trips are also popular excursions.
The double storey house, set in vivid tropical flowerbeds with expansive lawns, has 8 ensuite bedrooms, a games room, house office with a broadband satellite connection, large kitchen with store, laundry room, cloakroom, drawing room, dining room, a generous entrance hall and an upstairs gallery. There is a first floor open terrace - perfect for sundowners while watching the white egrets fly home to roost on the dam against the backdrop of the mountain and the African dusk. Just as stunning on the clear mornings is the sunrise, which silhouettes the mountain on soft pink and blue. The front of the house has a large, wrap-around veranda, used for daytime dining.
The rooms are comfortably furnished with local, Lamu and imported Javanese pieces, which all combine well and compliment the formal aspect of the house.
There is a 4x14m oval swimming pool; a children's pool; a pool house with covered eating area, bar, sauna, exercise room with massage area and a tennis court.
Our staff will discreetly ensure that your every requirement is met. The generous farmhouse food is fresh and wholesome, with homegrown fruit and vegetables. The entire staff love to entertain visitors with a Samburu style dance on the lawn which has become a Mukima tradition.
A booking in this lovely house can be combined with a stay at one of our fabulous Lamu beach houses.