A beautifully restored Tuscan farmhouse with stunning views over the Val d’Orcia national park.
Sleeps: 8 (not suitable for children under 8 years old, non smoking)
Price Guide 2019:
From €4,935 to €6,972 from per week
• 2 double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
• 1 double bedroom with separate large bathroom
• 1 twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom
• 1 single bedroom with ensuite bathroom
• Housekeeper 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
• Pool maintenance
• Chef on request
• Saline pool (12m x 6m) with electric cover – heated at extra cost
• Table tennis
• Under floor cooling and heating at extra cost
• Insect screens
• Washing machine and dishwasher
• 50” TV (Sky Sports and films)
• Large DVD collection
• Sonos sound system
• iPod docking station
• Dining table to seat up to 14
• 2 large courtyards with tables and chairs
• Perugia airport 1 hour 30 mins
• Florence airport 1 hour 40 mins
• Rome airport 2 hours 30 mins
• Montepulciano 12 mins – nearest shops
• Santo Pietro 10 mins – nearest restaurant
• Bagno Vignoni, thermal baths & spa, 25 mins
• Montalcino, Brunello wine production, 30 mins
• Castiglione del Lago, lake, water sports, 45 mins
• Siena 55 mins
A lovely Tuscan family home, set in the Val d’Orcia national park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – rich in wildlife such as porcupines, deer, hares and eagles. The house is situated in 70 acres of its own secluded land, which includes woodland, a 500 tree olive grove and open fields covered in wild flowers, with lots of space for walking and exploring.
Pretty, landscaped gardens surround the house and pool, which is bordered by a generous area of travertine stone paving. Large umbrellas shade teak sunbeds and steamer chairs.
Plenty of flat space for badminton and table tennis, and there are lots of quiet and secluded spots to sit for reading or chatting over a glass of wine, while looking out at the sweeping views of the Val d'Orcia.
The house has five bedrooms, two sitting rooms, a TV room, a large well-equipped kitchen and a separate dining room with an antique French fruitwood table seating up to fourteen.
Samuela, the lovely housekeeper, can help you organise excursions, and there are very good local chefs that can be booked at an extra cost. The comprehensive house information booklet gives details of local restaurants and activities, such as wine tours, walking trips, balloon rides and much more.