That rare bird – the perfect Tuscan farmhouse with pool and access to a private beach!
Sleeps: 17 + 2 children
• Master Bedroom with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
• Bunk Room with 2 beds for children using master ensuite bathroom
• 5 Double Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
• 1 Twin Bedroom (large single and further spare) with ensuite bathroom
• 1 Further Double and Single Bedroom with bathroom in Staff Area
• The house has its own trained staff.
• Swimming Pool
• Poolside Changing Cabin with dining for 12.
• Beach Changing Cabin
• Air Conditioning on the First Floor
• Central Heating
• Computer and WiFi
• Satellite TV and DVD
• Tombolo Resort with thalassotherapy spa at beach
• Golf 30 to 50 minutes’ drive
• Boat hire in nearby San Vincenzo or Baratti harbours
• Beach 15 minutes
• Donoratico (doctors, shops, railway station, etc.) 3km
• Pisa 45 mins
• Florence 1 hr 30 mins
• Lucca 1 hr 30 mins
• Siena 1 hr 30 mins
• Livorno 40 mins
• Volterra 1 hour
• San Gimignano 1 hr 20 minutes
• Piombino 30 mins.
• Island of Elba – Hydrofoil or ferry from Piombino
Originally a farmhouse dating from the eighteenth century, this lovely villa is set on the 600 hectare della Gherardesca family estate. The family have been in this part of Tuscany for over 1,200 years.
The house was built on a hill by Count Camilio della Gherardesca overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Island of Elba but was eventually abandoned as a farmhouse. It was then transformed forty years ago into the beautiful villa it is today. The nearest villages are Donoratico (with railway station, post office, supermarkets, local shops and doctor) and Castagneto Carducci.
The spacious accommodation is beautifully presented with antique furnishings and all modern comforts. There are wonderful views towards the sea from the reception rooms including a dining room with fireplace seating 24, a computer room, green drawing room, a large library with huge fireplace and TV and a porch overlooking the sea with a further dining table, sofa and armchairs. The bedrooms are prettily decorated with modern bathrooms and there is air conditioning for all those bedrooms on the first floor (master bedroom, childrens’ bunkroom and four further ensuite double bedrooms) .
The pool at the end of the garden has a lovely view of the sea and woods and there is a comfortable cabin used as a changing room with fridge, sunbeds, sun umbrellas and a dining table for 12. The beach is a 15 minute drive away through the family’s private woods down to the sea where there is a further cabin for changing with sunbeds, warm and cold shower and a fridge. This is shared with other guests on the Estate.