This house is what Corfu is all about: outdoor living, sea views up the North East coast and totally privacy in a secluded country setting.
Sleeps: up to 10
Price Guide 2017
£12,000 per week
Available for 6 weeks in July & August
Flexible changeover days
• Double bedroom en suite shower room and private terrace
Ground floor (opening onto garden, pool and front/side terraces):
• Master Double bedroom, ceiling fan, en suite bathroom and shower attachment
• Large open-plan (15 metre) living room with TV DVD opening onto
a partially covered terrace that runs the full length of the house, dining for 14, outside sitting area, secondary breakfast area
• Covered outdoor day bed with fan and scatter cushions
• Dining/breakfast area
• Guest WC
Garden Floor (all rooms open onto the lower garden):
• 2nd Master bedroom suite with bathroom with bath and walk in shower – TV & DVD. Walk in closet
• Twin bedroom with en suite walk-in shower - TV
• Single bedroom, with pull out extra bed, en suite bathroom with shower attachment.
• 2nd service kitchen with elevator to main kitchen
• Laundry room
• Large Family/playroom – TV, DVD, Wii.
• International Chef for Breakfast, one other main and one light meal.
• Fully time resident couple – Mornings till after lunch and evening until after dinner.
• All the staff have one day off a week by arrangement and live in separate accommodation in the grounds of the property
• Wine and canapés on arrival
• Fresh cut flowers on arrival
• Bath Robes
• Complimentary luxury bathroom products
• Candles lit each evening
• Bed turndown service
• Shopping service
• Laundry Service ( by arrangement and payable locally)
• Concierge service
• Pool – Oval 12m X 6.50m
• Air conditioning and insect screens in all bedrooms
• Sky Satellite TV in Sitting and Family room. Bedrooms (where indicated) have Greek programs with Film Channels. CNN & Euro News
• Wii plus a few games
• Bang and Olufsen surround sound system to the sitting room, terraces and pool with iPod connection
• Ceiling fans on sitting and dining terraces
• Large library of CD’s and DVD’s
• WiFi throughout the villa
• Gym equipment
• Terrace furniture including outdoor drinks cabinet, fridge and ice machine
• Weber gas BBQ
• Electrically operated entrance gate
• Corfu Town 7 kms
• Airport 8 kms
• Beaches and water sports 3 kms
• Gouvia Marina (boat hire) 2 kms
• Restaurants and local night life 2 kms
• Main Island clubs 5kms
• Golf 14 kms
• Two 5 star hotels within 5 kms
Sequoia is beautifully furnished and laid out to make the most of the mature gardens and lovely views over the bay below. Located within easy access of the old Venetian capital of Corfu Town and the buzzing Gouvia Marina, it is everything that Corfiot living is about.
The spacious house, which is laid out over 3 floors, is surrounded by huge terraces with pergolas and shady areas; secret corners, including a curtained daybed to disappear to with a cool drink from the drinks cabinet, are helpfully situated on the terrace. One is spoilt for choice: Where to have breakfast - on the terrace with views to the sea? Lunch in the shade of the trees by the pool and then dinner by candlelight cooled by the overhead fan on the living room terrace? The 3 full time staff are happy to make each meal a different experience, whether it’s a barbecue or a formal dinner.
Furnished in a light contemporary style, there are elegant classical touches including Venetian mirrors reflecting the heritage of Corfu Town as well as works of art by renowned local artists. The house is relaxing and perfect for family parties with all the facilities on offer. Stay put for the day round the inviting pool or go down to the lively marina with its shops and cafes; hire a boat for the day and visit one of the many beautiful beaches nearby or even a day trip over to the nearby island of Paxos for lunch. All great fun. Please note that there is a house cat which will be fed and housed in the resident couples' cottage.
The house is set in a private estate of 6 acres – there is one other house which also belongs to the family but is not rented out. The gardens surrounding the pool and lawns are mature and abundantly planted with colourful Mediterranean plants and the vegetable garden supplies the house with seasonal fresh produce. Corfu has attracted writers, artists and travellers for years and Sequoia’s gardens and views weave the same spell over its guests who have little choice but to enjoy!
EOT Licence: MHTE No. 0829 K 122K8145001