The perfect large family villa in the beautiful North Eastern corner of Corfu - Kassiopi village a 10 minute walk.
Sleeps: 10 (+ 2 teeenagers in Pool House on request)
Price Guide 2017:
Changeover day Friday
July & August €18,000 per week
May, June, September & October on request
• Sitting Room
• Dining Room
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room
• TV Room
• Guest Cloakroom
Lower Ground Floor:
• Twin Bedroom with ensuite bath/shower room
• 4 Double* Bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms
*If further twin bedrooms are required, sofa beds or good quality single fold-up beds can be provided.
• Laundry Room
• Can be converted into Twin “Bedroom” for teenagers on request
• Gym with steam shower and WC
• Games Room
• Cook - one meal a day (includes general shopping service)
Additional meals on request at extra cost to be agreed, payable locally
• Drinks delivery service
• Maid service 6 hours a day
• Concierge service available 24/7 – lives locally
• Turn-down service
• Linen change twice a week
• Arrival night shopping service
• Pool 17m x 7m. With wave machine and 2m. depth throughout (one end with flat shallow child area)
• Pool House has drinks fridge, barbecue and pool towels
• Air Conditioning
• Mosquito screens throughout
• Computer, printer and WiFi in Office
• 42” satellite TV in TV Room. TV’s in all bedrooms
• Dolby surround sound in Sitting and TV rooms
• DVD, CD player and iPod docking station
• Gym with power plate, exercise bike, treadmill and e-stride
Stepper with ski action
• Table Tennis and Air Hockey in Games Room
• Kassiopi village and Soukia Beach 10 minute walk
• Boat hire in Kassiopi
• St. Stephano, Agni and Kouloura restaurants 15/20 mins by car/boat
• Water Skiing at Kalami 15/20 mins by car/boat
• Sailing, windsurfing, horse riding at Avlaki 10 mins by car
• Golf at Ropa Valley 50 mins by car
• Corfu Town and Airport – one hour by car
The owners of Villa Pomeni built this beautiful house two years ago. Having brought up their family in a lovely, rambling home high in the hills, they wanted their dream home to be nearer the sea, and within walking distance of the village of Kassiopi. They achieved this by finding a beautiful secluded location on a hillside just above Kassiopi, dominated by the remains of the 13th century Roman fortress. This is not a “rental villa” but a house built and decorated as a home.
The house is situated in a beautiful secluded location on a steep hillside just above Kassiopi and is built of locally quarried stone thus blending perfectly into the natural surroundings. The living areas are on a higher level to the bedrooms and have fantastic coastline views over the sea towards Albania.
The huge living areas provide the perfect space for everyone and the separate TV Room and Office ensure there is private space for the teenagers and the City executive who has not left his blackberry behind! Aspiring chefs will love the very well equipped kitchen and breakfast area. The owner has fitted an electric AGA Rangemaster.
Internal steps lead down to the unusually spacious bedrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms, extra wide beds and windows leading out to the terraces which, in turn, access the pool and garden area.
Outside, the surrounding leisure and entertainment area is where much of the day will be spent, the spectacular 17m pool providing the focal point. At one end a pretty pool house – with sofa bed - provides a shaded venue for relaxation, and at the other a gym, also with steam shower, for those who want to keep their waistlines in shape. A games room, accessed from the pool area, has table tennis, and Table football providing more entertainment.
From the pool, the terraced, garden area slopes down to the track which leads guests either to lovely Soukia bay or to the village of Kassiopi, no more than 10 minutes’ walk away.
Villa Pomeni is a more than comfortable holiday home, for all ages and all requirements; an adult group just wanting to relax out of season or for those with children during school holidays. Teenagers love Kassiopi with its friendly bars and relatively unsophisticated night life, meaning that parents too can relax,
Whilst a car is recommended it is by no means essential. However, we think boat hire is a must, and the best way to explore the beautiful coastline. From Villa Pomeni it is an easy trip to one of the pretty waterside tavernas on the North East coastline, enjoying a long lunch, stopping on the way back for a swim and siesta in a gorgeous deserted cove.
In early summer, wild flowers proliferate, a time for walking, and exploring. In the high summer months, unlike the shores of other fashionable Mediterranean resorts, the area still remains relatively peaceful, slipping into the Autumn, long Indian summer days, a warm sea, and cooler nights.
Finally, to sit on the candlelit terrace at dusk, with the twinkling lights of Kassiopi below, and the floodlit ruins of the centuries old Roman castle silhouetted against the mysterious shapes of the distant Albanian mountains, is when the property is at its most beautiful. Looking up at a starlit sky, perhaps listening to the soft hoot of Gerald Durrell’s beloved Scops owl breaking the silence, is truly magical. Indeed, when its Southern Italian owner reminisced about her native country, she said it would not be difficult to imagine oneself on the Amalfi coast!
Villa Pomeni is a recommended home for an unforgettable stay on the beautiful North-east coast of Corfu this summer.