A charming house with a wonderful garden and attractive pool in the heart of one of the prettiest villages in the Charentes area of SW France.
£1,950 per week, Weekends on request
Not suitable for young children
• Master bedroom, en suite bathroom
• Twin/double bedroom
• Single bedroom
• Shared shower room
• Guest WC & Powder room on ground floor
• Maid service 2 hours once per week more on request
• Gardener & pool service once per week
• Infinity pool (8m x 3m)
• 2 TV/DVD (UK terrestrial channels) (kitchen and sitting room)
• iPod docking station & Bluetooth sound system
• Small village shop with essentials
• 2 village restaurants
• La Rochelle airport 1h15 mins drive
• Bordeaux airport 1h15
• TGV to Angouleme 45 mins
• Cognac 15 mins (visits to the Cognac houses can be arranged)
• Saintes 15 mins
• Atlantic beaches near Royan 1h00
• Bordeaux city centre 1h15 mins
• Bicycles for hire in nearby St Cesaire
• Kayaking on the Charente river in Saintes, Cognac & Jarnac
• Cognac & Jarnac
• Tennis court in the village
• Cognac golf club 20 mins
• Cognac Blues Passion Jazz Festival in July
Situated in the centre of perhaps one of the prettiest villages in the Charentes area, this property has been lovingly renovated. Spread over three floors, the house has a contemporary open plan interior that is in contrast to its traditional cottage façade.
A large hall with a powder room leads through to the well equipped kitchen, furnished with a big comfortable sofa and large flat screen TV as well as a dining table and breakfast bar. A utility room has a second fridge and washing machine/dryer etc...French windows open onto the garden, garden terrace and outside dining area.
The first floor has a good size open plan sitting room with study area off to the side, equipped with desk, internet access (good WiFi throughout the house) and book shelves. This floor looks directly onto the 12th century church at the front which is beautifully floodlit at night. The large master suite is on this floor and has a bathroom (no shower) and separate loo.
The second floor is under the eaves of the house and has a pretty twin/double bedroom and a second bedroom with a large single bed, these rooms share a shower room and separate loo .
The house is charming, and intimate with a pretty garden that descends in a series of terraces lined with agapanthus to a private infinity pool . Totally set up for outside living in the summer, there is a big outdoor dining table, a shady daybed for reading and relaxing and a barbecue.
The village is a haven of peace and quiet, perfect for painters or for those just wanting a quiet sunbathe. The area has masses of interesting things to do and loads of good local restaurants to choose from. Both Cognac and Saintes have good markets and the village shop has all the basic essentials including a daily delivery of baguettes!
St Sauvant is ideally situated only 15 minutes from the A10 motorway and an easy 1h10 mins drive to the Bordeaux Lac exhibition centre, home to Vinexpo and other major exhibitions.