A real bijou – this beautifully restored house is the perfect base from which to discover the charm of this lovely part of France.
Price Guide 2017:
From £2,635 to £6,750 per week
Main House – First Floor
• 1 double bedroom, en suite shower room
• 1 double bedroom, en suite bathroom
• 1 twin bedroom, en suite shower room
• Independent WC
• Open plan sitting room
• Powder room & WC
• Home cinema with sofa bed (suitable for teenagers)
• Shower room & WC
• Laundry Room
• Double bedroom, en suite shower room
• Independent WC
• Sitting room with sofa bed
• Maid service by arrangement
• Cook by arrangement
• Babysitter by arrangement
• Swimming pool (electric cover)
• TV (French Canal+)
• Home cinema
• Air conditioning
• La Rochelle airport 20 mins (low cost daily flights from Stansted)
• Bordeaux Airport 2 hours (scheduled & low cost flights)
• Beach 10 mins walk – 5 minute bike ride
• St Martin de Ré 8 mins drive
Crédit photo Gilles Delacuvelerie
We are thrilled to have found this pretty village house on the Ile de Ré. Situated in the village of Bois Plage, only 10 minutes walk from the lovely ocean beach of La Plage du petit Sergent, the house has been beautifully renovated using lots of wood and subtle shades of beige and white. Simple yet very chic and retaining plenty of Rétaise character, it has been finished to a very high standard.
The front door opens onto an open plan sitting room with big sofas, a working fireplace and a large dining area. The well equipped kitchen opens onto the garden with a summer dining area and pool.
Downstairs a good sized home cinema has two sofa beds (ideal for the unexpected teenage guests) and a shower room with WC.
The guest annexe overlooks the pool and is independent with a good double bedroom and shower room upstairs, WC downstairs and a sitting area with another sofa bed.
This remarkably well restored house is perfect for a family holiday with the bakers and grocery store only a couple of minutes' walk away, the beach just down the road and all the charm of the Ile de Re outside the front door.