A stylish country retreat, within 10 minutes of the iconic village of Gordes
Price Guide 2017:
€9,500 per week High Season
Other months on request
• 2 double/twin bedrooms, en suite bathrooms
• 1 double bedroom
• Independent double shower/wet room
• 1 double/twin bedroom with shower, kitchenette and sitting room
• Entry Hall
• Guest WC
• Utility Room with washer/dryer
• Large eat-in kitchen
• TV Room/snug
• Large living room
• 3 hours maid service 5 days per week
• Cook, tennis coach and beautician available on request
• Pool (5.5m. x 10m.) heated (€150 per week), outdoor shower
• Pool house with open fireplace and summer kitchen
• Tennis court
• Dining terrace with gas-fired Weber BBQ
• Ping Pong table
• Integrated music system in reception rooms
• Satellite TV
• 30 acres of private estate
• Village of Murs (post office, basic food store, hotel/restaurant) 5 mins
• Gordes 10 minutes
• Avignon airport 40 mins, TGV station 55 mins
• Aix-en-Provence 60 mins
• Marseille International Airport 60 mins
• Sauman 18 hole golf course 25 mins
Set at the end of a long private drive, Mas des Mûriers is the epitome of a ‘Mas en Provence’ house. With lovely, honey-coloured stone walls and shuttered windows, the Mas basks in golden Provençal sun, surrounded by sweet smelling roses, rosemary and other heavily scented plants alive with bees and butterflies – the total peace and tranquillity ensured by the surrounding thirty acres. With its elevated position, you have panoramic views of the Luberon and at night the villages of Lacoste and Bonnieux twinkle in the distance.
The West Wing of this impressive house is available to rent. The foreign-based owner’s private rooms are completely independent in the East Wing. This is something they specifically organised when they originally renovated the house to enable their own guests to be totally independent. As a result what an advantage! You get all the benefits of a large house: tennis court, extensive pool area, beautiful terraces overlooking manicured gardens in a panoramic landscape and lots of other lovely features.
On the ground floor you have your own entry hall, guest WC, utility room with laundry facilities, double aspect country kitchen with dining area overlooking the west dining terrace, a snug/TV room and a huge living room with French doors opening onto the main South facing terrace. Upstairs, there are two double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, a further twin bedroom and a separate, massive double shower/wet room. From the ground floor you also access a separate apartment with its own air-conditioned bedroom plus shower, sitting room and kitchenette - ideal for Granny wanting a bit of privacy or a nanny.
Down by the heated pool, you have a small summer kitchen and shower serving the poolside seating area. There is even an open fire to give a touch of luxury once the sun has set.
Apart from the tennis court, you can walk for miles along trails in the National Park that borders the property, or go off and explore one of the many villages nearby. This lovely house has something for everyone.