A medieval priory in Provence, meticulously restored, on an internationally-acclaimed working vineyard.
Sleeps: 14 (+ 4 children on request)
Price Guide 2019
From €22,399 to €29,260 per week
All inclusive of tax.
• 4 Double Bedroom suites
• 3 Double/Twin Bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
• Medieval dining and living rooms
• House Manager 7 hrs per day
• Maid service with turndown service
• Private Chef 7 hrs per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Butler 7 hrs per day
• Cascading, heated infinity pool
• Outdoor Kitchen
• Media room with flat screen TV, Radio/CD player, iPod dock
• Multi language library
• Tennis court
• Bikes and Ping Pong
• Fishing pond
• Wine tasting room
• State-of-the art winery
• Multi-use seminar and wine tasting room designed by Patricia Stefanowicz, Master of Wine and Architect
Special events for 2 -200 people
The following are all available on request:
• Spa treatments, massages
• Cooking classes with private chef
• Tutored wine tastings
• Wine classes
• Course in beekeeping & olive farming
• Water aerobics/aqua gym
• Team building exercises
• Fitness circuit
• Hands-on training in the vineyard
• Treasure or Scavenger hunts
• Crestet 3.2 km
• Marseille International airport 90 mins
• Avignon TGV 45 mins
All the following is available off site:
• Horseback riding, Golf, Canoeing, Quad biking,
• Hot air ballooning, Wine & Gastronomy circuits
• Tree climbing grids, Amazonia theme park
• Crocodile farm, Mohair goat farm
• WaterWorld, Outdoor fitness circuits
Set in 135 hectares (350 acres) of rural rolling hills, lush private forest and its own vineyard, La Vaison is in the Vaucluse region of Provence, on the edge of the protected UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Mont Ventoux. It is situated above Crestet, an unspoiled, medieval hilltop village. Dating back to 9th Century, as priory to the nearby Abbaye, it is said to have hosted Knights Templar; farming and viticulture have always provided the main activities of the estate.
The medieval property has been restored to the highest standards of international comfort and offers luxurious rooms with Provencal décor and all mod cons, while conserving its historical heritage. The feel of the original building is very evident with the medieval vaulted great hall, dining room and reception room.
There are three luxury rooms and four suites in The Priory, each epitomising ‘chic rustique’ simplicity. Quality is used throughout including fabrics by Pierre Frey, Nina Campbell and Nobilis, Frette linens plus Marius Fabre toiletries and fittings by Herbeau and Lefroy Brooks in the en-suite, power-shower bathrooms. All are air-conditioned with WiFi and private phones, flat screen TV, DVD and iPod/CD speaker capability can also be made available.
Wind down by the heated infinity pool overlooking the vineyards, or take a dip in the outdoor Jacuzzi, get active with a game of pétanque or a tennis match. Explore the various hiking trails around the estate or train in the private gym equipped with a dance bar, weights, yoga mats and exercise and Pilates videos. Personal trainers, Yoga instructors and a massage therapist can be arranged upon request.
The house overlooks the large cascading swimming pool and outdoor Jacuzzi, with various sun and dining terraces, a medieval herb garden, and outdoor living room. And to continue to the medieval feel – a Storytelling Tree!
Home to award-winning wines, the domain includes a state-of-the art winery fitted with high-tech conference facilities and venues for special events. The 35 hectares of 40 year old vines are managed by Jean-Louis and Benedicte Gallucci and their team, who respect the land and impose rigorous ecological practices. If you are interested in wine tasting and learning more about the skills involved, tutored private courses can be organised on request.