The ultimate party Beach House, with the biggest pool we’ve ever seen!
• 4 double bedroom suites with outdoor showers
• Connected by outdoor walkway
• 1 double bedroom suite on separate level
Separate Wing set further back from the beach:
• 1 double bedroom suite with outdoor shower
• 1 twin bedroom suite with outdoor shower
Wing near entrance:
• 1 twin bedroom en suite bathroom
• Live-in housekeeper available 8am-5pm
• 2 maids available 8am-5pm
• Good local cook prepares breakfast and lunch, available till 5pm - after that will prepare dinner for small extra charge
• English speaking concierge 4 hours per day
• Additional babysitters, maids, barman and evening cover by separate arrangement
• 24 hour security
• 80ft swimming pool
• Pool terrace furniture and built-in speakers
• Direct beach access
• Home Cinema
• Air-conditioned bedrooms
• Professional Laundry
• Integral stereo system and iPod dock
• Cable TV
• The Quadrado (2km)10 mins drive
• Uxua Spa 10 mins drive
• Espelho Beach (voted one of Brazil’s Best Beaches) 45 mins drive
• 18 hole golf course Terravista (12 kms) one of the best golf courses in South America
• English speaking tennis coach and private court
• Surf lessons
• Porto Seguro airport (30km) 1 hour (scenic drive!)
• Daily connections from Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Salvador da Bahia
• Private landing strip at Terravista 10 mins drive
Set right on an endless beach with the sound of the waves gently pushing up the beach lapping the sand and less than 2 km from the hip bars and restaurants of the Quadrado, no wonder this is regarded as one of the ultimate beach houses in the Americas. It was recently described in Centurion Magazine as “the property everyone talks about”.
The villa has 24 hour security and is totally private, being not overlooked by any neighbouring property. An eighty foot swimming pool overlooks the beach and there are 8 double bedrooms in 4 separate guest wings. The house was built with the finest local materials and the architecture reflects a modern take on traditional Bahian design. Built entirely of wood with wide, open decks and terraces on different levels, the house is separated from the pool and beach by a short wooden bridge built over a narrow river. Sig Bergamin was responsible for the decoration and layout of the interior of the house and he created a hugely stylish mix of rattan furniture and thick, natural fabrics, never losing sight of the fact that this is a beach house to be enjoyed rather than a show-home.
A gate by the pool opens right onto the sand at one of the most private parts of the beach which slopes gradually into the sea and is great for both swimming and for children as it is protected from the open sea by an off shore reef. The bedrooms are set back either side of the main living areas, thus guaranteeing privacy and quiet at all times.
There is a home cinema on an enclosed mezzanine above the spacious sitting room and indoor and outdoor dining areas and sitting rooms. In addition there is a large ground floor deck and first floor roof terrace – both of which can be used for lunch or dinner.
Villa San Marco is a house which works equally well for groups of friends and for families with children of all ages. The mixture of cash and DNA has started to attract a sophisticated international clientele who come for the authentic, incredibly relaxed flavour of Brazil – flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans!