This is where we stayed in Trancoso and loved it, a little gem of comfort and bohemian elegance.
Sleeps: 8 - Not suitable for small children
From US$650 to US$900 per night
Christmas, New Year and Carnival upon request
• King sized double bedroom, en suite bathroom with double shower, twin sinks
• Queen sized double bedroom, en suite bathroom
• Further Double bedroom, en suite bathroom
• King sized double bedroom, en suite bathroom, twin sinks, sunken bath with shower
• Daily maid 8am-5pm
• Swimming pool
All bedrooms have AC and ceiling fans
AC in living room
Cable TV, DVD and WiFi
• The Quadrado 4 minutes walk
• Beach 5 mins moped taxi ride
• Uxua Spa 5 mins moped taxi ride
• Espelho Beach (voted one of Brazil’s Best Beaches) 45 mins drive
• 18 hole golf course Terravista (12 km) one of the best golf courses in South America
• English speaking tennis coach and private court
• Surf lessons
• Porto Seguro airport (30km) 1 hour (scenic drive!)
• Daily connections from Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Salvador da Bahia
• Private landing strip at Terravista 10 mins drive
If you want to be in the heart of the action of the Quadrado, this is the house to stay in. We discovered the moped taxis – death-defying fun – to whizz you down to the beach in a couple of minutes for lunch at the beach bar of the best hotel in Trancoso, the Uxua.
Perfect for adults (not suitable for small children), the double bedroomed house is stylishly open plan with lots of glass, wood and whitewashed walls creating a light and breezy feel. The ground floor opens directly on to the deck and pool area, which does much to integrate the living area of the house with the outdoors. The courtyard garden is a luxuriously tropical haven with cheeky humming birds fluttering above your head while you sunbathe on the huge day bed. The lovely maid looked after us beautifully and we definitely thought her breakfast table was the best of our trip, a different little Brazilian treat every morning!
Facing the main house, the cottage is cute. Forged from the original house, the designer owner kept the rustic feel including a large wooden shower head over a sunken cement bath and over-sized wood doors, typical of the region, that also open to the deck and pool.