Sarah and Judy stayed in this gorgeous little town house in the heart of Paraty. A great base for shopping and seeing the sights!
From US$670 per night to US$1,000 per night
Christmas and New Year upon request
Rates exclude 10% service charge
• 1 double bedroom en suite
• 1 twin bedroom en suite
• Master double bedroom en suite
• Maid 8am-1pm
• Local cook and baby sitters available on request
• English speaking manager
• Air Conditioning
• 4 person Jacuzzi
• Cable TV
• Heart of 17th century Paraty
• Walking distance of shops, restaurants and port
• Boat charter a must to get to lots of isolated beaches
• Rainforest treks to waterfalls and beaches
• Landrover tours of surrounding region
• Diving and Snorkelling
• Horse riding
• Rio de Janeiro International airport (236km) 3.5-4 hours drive
• San Paulo International airport (330km) 3.5-4 hours drive
• Paraty landing strip takes light aircraft, small jets and helicopters
• Private car transfers available
A very stylish, colonial house in the heart of Paraty’s Centro Historico that has been decorated and restored to the standard of a Five Star Hotel. The location gives unsurpassed access to the life in the old town; the little cafes and bars, good seafood restaurants, shady squares and cobbled streets leading to the old port where boats wait to take visitors to the islands and deserted beaches that dot the Bay of Paraty.
There are a total of three suites, two on the ground floor and a double master suite on the first floor overlooking the open plan sitting room. The sitting room, dining room and kitchen are all integrated featuring a white, polished cement floor that covers the whole of the ground floor and is dazzling in every way. The living area is spacious, and light and a glass wall can be folded back to give access to a courtyard deck with a Jacuzzi and orchid garden.
The whole of the ground floor (other than the two en suite bedrooms) has been designed in a modern loft style so that the sitting room, dining room, kitchen and courtyard garden all connect, making this otherwise large space feel intimate. It is both ideal for couples or for a single family.
Completely renovated and refurbished at the end of 2010 with over-size white sofas, hard wood tables and chairs, split air-conditioning units, huge beds with lovely crisp bed linen and large spacious bathrooms with toiletries, Casa Quilombolas is spoiling in every sense.