A walled garden and pool, and roof top views to the sea. Historic Paraty at its best.
From US$1,155 per night to US$1,895 per night
Christmas and New Year upon request
Rates exclude 10% service charge
• Master suite
• Double bedroom en suite bathroom
• Twin bedroom en suite
• Twin beds
• Maid 8am-3pm
• English speaking host 4 hours per day
• Circular pool with steps 9m x 1.4m deep
• Pergola covered dining area
• Air conditioning
• Cable TV
• Totally private walled garden
• Sailing schooner available to charter
• Heart of 17th century Paraty
• Walking distance of shops, restaurants and port
• Boat charter a must to get to lots of isolated beaches
• Rainforest treks to waterfalls and beaches
• Landrover tours of surrounding region
• Diving and Snorkelling
• Horse riding
• Rio de Janeiro International airport (236km) 3.5-4 hours drive
• San Paulo International airport (330km) 3.5-4 hours drive
• Paraty landing strip takes light aircraft, small jets and helicopters
• Private car transfers available
Casa Caiçaras is situated in the heart of the colonial town of Paraty which is closed to motorised traffic. The cobbled streets and white-washed houses of the old town are hemmed between the imposing sierra and the sea which makes for one of the prettiest and most dramatic locations in Brazil.
The charm of the house lies in the understated colonial exterior and walled garden which do not hint at the luxury and level of comfort that lie within in its thick walls. Glorious dark-wood floors in the sitting and dining rooms, a well-kept garden and state of the art kitchen set the scene in this impressively well-restored colonial mansion. Upstairs, the bedrooms all have air-conditioning, fans and private bathrooms and fixtures and fittings worthy of a modern luxury hotel (and far better than any hotel locally). Additionally, the master bedroom has a bath, walk-in shower and sauna. The loft bedroom has the most charming views over the ancient roof tops of the town to the sea beyond. You really do have a sense of experiencing traditional Brazilian living in 21st century style.
The living space is integrated with the garden and pool and there are areas to eat both inside and out, a dark blue tiled circular swimming pool, and barbecue area for grilling the catch of the day.