A wonderful family holiday house on the sea with lots of space and sea views from every room. A quick and easy drive from Rio - great for Carnival, World Cup and Olympics!
High Season (Christmas, New Year, Carnival & Easter) US$3,500 per day including the boat (fuel extra) 6 day minimum booking
Low Season (rest of year) US$2,500 per day including the boat (fuel extra) 4 day minimum booking
• 1 Master Suite, with double shower, large jacuzzi bath
• Double Bedroom with 2 queen beds, en suite shower-room
2 adjacent annexes each have:
• 1 Double Bedroom with en suite shower-room
• 1 Twin Bedroom with adjacent shower room
• Large, relaxed, open plan living room and dining area
• Professional kitchen and air-cooled cellar
• Live-in staff:
• Professional cook prepares three meals a day, works till 8pm, longer on request
• Daily Maid service - 5 days per week
• Linen changed every 3 days
• Pool (6 square metres)
• Direct sea access
• Private jetty and pontoon with 38 foot motor boat with skipper
• Large flat lawn for playing ball games
• Decked terrace overlooking the sea
• Games/cinema room with film projector, snooker/pool table, etc.
• 2 saunas (1 dry and 1 steam)
• Angra dos Reis shops 5 mins drive
• 365 beaches around the island chain
• Rio de Janeiro international airport 2 hours drive
• Historic town of Paraty 2.5 hours drive
• Private car transfer available
• Helipad in town
After you pass the centre of Angra dos Reis with its tiered boat parks, shopping malls and busy town beach, you wind your way past the ancient Navel College with its smartly uniformed guards and arrive at the gates of Villa Carolina. We couldn't believe how large this house was, deceptive from the steep drive down through the rain forest garden.
The main house, with the two large bedroom suites upstairs, opens onto a wide and shady terrace, perfect for sitting and watching the continual procession of boats disappearing off into the distance to one of the many stunning islands lying off this part of the coast. The two cottages across the path are ideal for children. Everyone gathers for meals on one of the many terraces overlooking the sea - Edna the cook, prepares the most delicious Brazilian specialities, or is happy to cook your own requests or make up a picnic to take on the boat. The owners love to entertain and so everything is in place to make sure a good time is had by all, including a specially cooled cellar for your wines.
Completely uniquely for this part of the shore line, Villa Carolina is not overlooked and has a huge lawn ideal for children to run around on with a ball. The jetty and pontoon provide the perfect spot to swim in the beautiful clear warm water and for sunbathing or just take a dip in the pool. Charter the house's own skippered motor boat and go off for the day for a picnic or to try out one of the many islands beach restaurants. Then come back and relax in the saunas (the staff know to turn them on as they see you heading back!). A boat is almost a must to really enjoy this lovely waterside property in its great location.